Date(s) - 09/05/2015
6:30 pm - 10:00 pm
Click location above for venue details
Hi! Some of you may remember that last year, I organised two vegan fundraising dinners in April and August that were fun, delicious and successful in raising some money for a couple of awesome animal welfare charities.
The first one was part of a challenge I did last April to eat vegan (mostly, but occasionally vego) for a whole month; something which I repeated in September. I plan to do this challenge in at least April and September every year and so I thought, why not have one of these dinners twice as year as well?
As before, the goal is to raise awareness and funding in support of non-profit animal rights and animal rescue groups.
So without further ado, here are the deets for the first dinner of 2015!
- It will be held on Saturday, 9th May at 6:30pm.
- Everyone chips in $10 (to be prepaid) towards: space booking, supplies, non-alcoholic beverages AND a donation towards an animal welfare organisation (details below)
- Everyone pays for their own cooking as well – but remember, you don’t have to cook enough to feed the whole group singlehandedly, since there will be so many other dishes!
- Held in a private dining room with an outdoor rooftop area, in Abbotsford
- There will be first-come-first-served slot for bringing different types of food (finger food, hot dishes, dessert) so we don’t end up with too much or too little of each type of thing. This will be organised after the guest list is finalised and spots paid for.
- If you are bringing a partner, you may bring chose to bring two dishes, or one with a bigger serving size, however, you must both contribute the $10 either way.
- If cooking simply isn’t your thing but you’d still like to support us, come eat anyway, and pay an extra $10 (so, total of $20), which will all go to our chosen Non Profit! (P.S. limited spaces available for this option – book here: http://www.nomsandrambles.net/event/vegan-fundraising-potluck3-guest/
- Each cook and guest can nominate one organisation of your choice/close to your heart. On the night of the dinner, the winner will be confirmed.
- Bookings for attendees bringing food open until Sunday, May 3rd. The $10 contribution is due by that date also (you can register first and pay later as long as it’s by that date)
- Bookings and $20 payment for attendees NOT bringing food (just empty bellies) open until Thursday, May 7th, or until sold out.
So come and join us for some delicious, cruelty-free homemade cooking! You will not be disappointed!
To see some of the scrumptious food I ate and cooked last year, see my Instagram hashtag #aprilvegchallenge.
(For more info on the challenge itself: http://www.nomsandrambles.net/2014/04/hate-plants-april/)
Participating cooks: Once you have made a booking, in order to secure your place, please send the ticket fee of $10.00 AUD to the PayPal account email@example.com as a “Gift” or “Friends/Family” payment with “Vegan Potluck Dinner” in the description along with the name you use in your booking here.
Once we have received your payment, your spot will be confirmed and you’ll be sent an email!
The physical address of the venue will be emailed to you at the address you provide before Friday, May 8th.
Bookings are closed for this event.