Date(s) - 30/08/2014
6:30 pm - 10:00 pm
Click location above for venue details
*** RSVPs for contributing food have been extended until Friday 15th, 11;59pm. RSVPs for guests not bringing food and just coming to eat are now also open! Please go to this form to register: http://www.nomsandrambles.net/event/vegan-potluck-guest/. See below for event details. ***
Hi! Remember my April veg challenge and May’s fundraising vegan potluck dinner?
Well, I am doing veg month again in September and I’d like to kick it off with a potluck around the end of August/beginning of September! The last dinner was fun but I’m sure more of you would love to participate in a more hands on way and that way we all get mooaaar food, too!
As before, the goal is to raise awareness and funding in support of non-profit animal rights and animal rescue groups.
So – Here is the deal:
- It will be held on Saturday, 30th August at 6:30pm.
- Everyone chips in $10 (to be prepaid) towards: space booking, supplies, non-alcoholic beverages AND a donation towards an animal welfare organisation (details below)
- Everyone pays for their own cooking as well – but remember, you don’t have to cook enough to feed the whole group singlehandedly, since there will be so many other dishes!
- Held in a private dining room with an outdoor rooftop area, in Abbotsford
- There will be first-come-first-served slot for bringing different types of food (finger food, hot dishes, dessert) so we don’t end up with too much or too little of each type of thing. This will be organised after the guest list is finalised and spots paid for.
- If you are bringing a partner, you may bring chose to bring two dishes, or one with a bigger serving size, however, you must both contribute the $10 either way.
- If cooking simply isn’t your thing but you’d still like to support us, come eat anyway, and pay an extra $10 (so, total of $20), which will all go to our chosen Non Profit! (P.S. limited spaces available for this option – tickets for this option will only be sold after we have final numbers for cooking attendees).
- Each cook and guest can nominate one organisation of your choice/close to your heart
- Bookings for attendees bringing food open until Monday, August 11th, 11:59pm. $10 contribution due by Thursday, August 14th, 5pm
- Bookings and $20 payment for attendees NOT bringing food (just empty bellies) open from August 9th onwards, until Friday, August 29th, or until sold out
So come and join us for some delicious, cruelty-free homemade cooking! You will not be disappointed!
To see some of the scrumptious food I ate and cooked in April, see my Instagram hashtag #aprilvegchallenge.
(For more info on the challenge itself: http://www.nomsandrambles.net/2014/04/hate-plants-april/)
Participating cooks: Once you have made a booking, in order to secure your place, please send the ticket fee of $10.00 AUD to the PayPal account firstname.lastname@example.org as a “Gift” or “Friends/Family” payment with “Vegan Potluck Dinner” in the description along with the name you use in your booking here.
Once we have received your payment, your spot will be confirmed and you’ll be sent an email!
The physical address of the venue will be emailed to you at the address you provide before Saturday, August 16th.
Bookings are closed for this event.